Friday 21 May 2010

Taper Torture - Installment III

Hello Fudgey Friends,

How are you all? Yippee it's Friday - hope everyone is getting to enjoy some sunshine.

Week 12 Run 3
Today was the last run before the half marathon, though to call it a run is really a joke - it was only 10 minutes.
Again I cheated a little & opted to do it in the gym which meant I could do a little bit more non running activity. So after my 10 minute run, I had 15 minutes on the bike & then a lovely superset for my abs 15 ab extensions with 6kg medicine ball & 12 reverse curls - I did this twice & then the 3rd set I managed the ab extensions but the reverse curls I could really feel so opted for paddles & scissors 10 of each.

More activity
I was at home this afternoon so decided to cut some of the communal grass at the back of the flat. This has been a sore point for several years - only myself & another flat ever cut the grass - though there are 6 flats. There's a fair amount of grass too. I cut about 2/3 of it - not out of laziness or spitefulness but simply because my extension cable only reached so far. It was pretty hard work as the grass was quite long & I was out for about an hour. It looks better though, and I got an additional workout.

I also managed to get 2 loads of washing done and hung outside and the freezer defrosted - so very productive.

FUNDRAISING - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
My just giving target of £1000 has been exceeded. My page currently sits at £1016
(£1,197.92 with the gift aid added)
A massive massive Thank you to everyone who has sponsored me - I am incredibly touched by people's generosity and I know that CCLASP will be over the moon too.
I promise to go out and be my best on Sunday to make everyone proud.

Take Care everyone
I'll be back soon
love
Fudgey
x x x

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you'll be well on your way now - but Good Luck! I'll be thinking of you today - hope it goes really well for you. looking forward to reading your race report once its up. xxx

    ReplyDelete