Saturday 6 March 2010

Meadows 5km Today

Hello Fudgey Friends,

How are we all?

Well today was my 5k Run.

Preparation:
I'm a nightmare the morning of a run. I like everything to be all organised and I know I get a bit narky - it's partly nerves about getting there on time and performing well and a lot to do with me being a control freak. I'd like to think this morning I wasn't too bad. Mr Fudgey & his Mum & Dad will be the judges of that though.
I taped my feet well and ate my Marks & Spencer porridge with my seeds, berries & cacoa nibs. I also drank plenty of water as well as having a cup of tea.

The conditions today were good. About 6 degrees much better than the conditions of The Great Winter Run.
I collected my timing chip and before I knew it we were lining up for the start.
The first part over the cobbles I found particularly tough - it really didn't make my groin feel too good, but once we were off the cobbles & I found my rhythm it was OK. The next challenge was the water stop. I have always drank from a bottle when running never from a cup....I think I was wearing most of the water rather than drank it. I decided on the second lap to decline the water!
It was a great course and a really well organised event. I had a great run and finished in 29 mins 42 seconds according to my watch - I don't have the chip time yet.
Today's run saw me doing more overtaking than being overtaken and it was a good feeling. I even managed a sprint finish.
I didn't expect a goodie bag at this event only the finishing certificate so I was surprised but pleased to receive one.
I was also deliriously happy not to be beaten by the egg!
Whilst waiting to be picked up I stood and cheered on some of the other finishers at the point just before they would turn to see the finish line. Well Done to everyone who took part and Thank you to the event organisers, volunteers, first aid crew etc. It couldn't have happened without so many people.

After the run I rewarded myself..... a jar of pickled onions & a tube of freeze gel....I know how to party!!!

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Well with tonight being the Oscars I too have to give a Thank you speech!

I want to say a very special Thank you to my wonderful Dad in Law - he is definitely Fudgey. He drove us to the race, cheered me off at the start, cheered me over the finish line, had my fleece ready for me and my bag with my recovery drink and banana and then he drove us home. It took so much stress out of the day as I knew my belongings were safe in the car and Mr Fudgey was not waiting on his own for me to finish. Thank you so much Bertie - you are a star xx

I also want to mention Mum in Law. I know you will be disappointed you missed me running but there will be other chances. Resting at home with your feet up was probably best. I hope the knee is feeling loads better. Thanks for supplying the banana too!

I also want to Thank my husband for taking the fabulous photographs as always, for putting up with my control freakery and for being so supportive and understanding xxxx

I also want to Thank KMac as she provided the gingerbread latte bubble bath that I relaxed in when I got home. Thanks honey x

and finally Thank you to everyone who sent me Good Luck wishes and Well Dones afterwards, especially Mum, Amy & Colin.


So the stats this week:
Total distance run this week 23.07km
Total running time 2 hours 21 mins 38 secs
11 weeks today till the half Marathon :-$

The Latest From the Fudgey Kitchen
Spinach, Watercress, rocket & Sweet Potato Soup
1 red onion, peeled & chopped
1 sweet potato, peeled & chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
bag of watercress, spinach & rocket
1 vegetable oxo cube
black pepper


Heat oil, add onion & potato
sweat over medium heat with lid on for approx 10 mins
make stock by dissolving stock cube in 1 pint of boiling water
add stock, seasoning, spinach, watercress and rocket to the pan, bring to the boil and then simmer till sweet potato is soft.
when cooled blend soup until smooth
reheat to serve Please please please do not be put off by the colour it's really tasty.
Official Taster Mr Fudgey said 'It might look like it came out the waste pipe but it tastes fabby' as he tested another 2 spoonfuls. Thanks Babe :-)

I also made Maple Pecan Oaties - Thanks to Heather & JAG. You can get the recipe that I used from JAG's blog, but the recipe originates from Heather. Thanks Ladies x

Well guys I'm shattered & still have loads to do this evening so I'll say toodle pip for now but I'll be back soon

lots of love
Fudgey xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment