Friday 3 September 2010

Regrets? Life is too short

Hello Fudgey Friends,

Thanks to Liz for nominating me for an award this week!


My task is to answer the following question: if you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?

I have a strong belief that you shouldn't go back, only forwards and like Liz & Stephen Fry think that you should regret the things you haven't done rather than the things you did.

I've taken many a wrong turn, wrong decisions and made my fair share of mistakes but I don't dwell on them. I try to learn from them. In the words of Neitzche 'What does not destroy me, makes me stronger.'

If you were to press me though for an answer I think I'd have to say that knowing what I know now and feeling how I feel, I wish I had lost weight and got fitter sooner, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. It's only now looking back that I realise I was very unhappy and extremely unhealthy.

Life is too short for regrets. However I guess sometimes it's not that simple and if you find yourself really regretting something then you should take action to achieve some kind of closure and find a way to move forward.

I guess I've come to realise that I'm a glass half full kind of girl and try to seek out the positives but we aren't all the same - life would be so dull if we were.

I could ramble on and get all deep - but I'll spare you that!

I should nominate some other blogs for the award, so here it is:
Gym Ninja - the first blog I started following (well Ninja's previous blog) Witty and honest.
Just a Girl - the second blog I started following - totally on my wavelength, so open and honest. I feel like I've known JAG for years.
lovely deane lovely has done amazingly well so far & still continues her journey. someone else I can relate to on so many levels.

I'll be back soon to blog about my wee trip to Windermere, my 1st wedding anniversary, my exciting news x 2 and prepartion for Sunday's half marathon.

lots of love
Fudgey
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment