Wednesday 18 August 2010

Scottish Slimmers - Slimmer of the Year 2010 Semi Final

Hello again Fudgey Friends,

No lie in for me again today as I had to be on the 8.30am train for the Scottish Slimmers Slimmer of the Year 2010 Semi final....but it was well worth it I had a great day.

The letter said to arrive with hair & make up done & to bring 2 outfits that I look & feel great in, so I packed my bag last night with an assortment of clothes, shoes and accessories. This morning I got up and put on my make up before I left for the train. Since my hair has been so short I don't really know what to do with it & was pushed for time anyway - so just brushed it as normal.

On arrival at the Semi Final I was met by the Scottish Slimmers team & taken straight into hair & make up - where my make up was touched up beautifully and then it was over to the hair stylists - I told them they could do what ever they liked as I was unsure on how to style my shorter hair....Wow they made it look stunning.

Next it was through to get into an outfit for photos. You all know me well by know so it'll come as no surprise that Mrs Fudgey had packed her running gear LOL. But is is an outfit I feel great in, I love working out and spend a huge portion of my time in my gym gear or running gear - it's who I am now so it seemed appropriate and the Scottish Slimmers team liked it and the fact that I'd brought my medal haul for the year so far - so there should be some good photos from that.
I then wore a dress that I'd bought earlier in the week for some shots and finally I wore a gorgeous Karen Millen Skirt & Top selected for me by the Livingston designer outlet personal shopper. I never thought I'd see the day I wore a size 10 Karen Millen skirt :-)
Both the photographers were fantastic, they really put me at ease and made it a lot of fun. I can't wait to see the pictures.

After the photos I had a little sitting around waiting to speak to the judges - but during that time I got to speak to and spend time with some of the other semi finalists. It was great to hear about other people's weight loss journeys, highs & lows & hints and tips on maintaining target weight I had a great time. To me every single person there today is already a winner.

The chat with the judges was great too - they made me feel so at ease and made me realise I am incredibly proud of my achievements.
After the chat with the judges there was a little bit of videoing - much the same as the chat with the judges.

We were also provided with a lovely lunch, cold meats & salads, fresh fruit & Scottish Slimmers cookies & lots of juice, water, tea & coffee and there was some wine & cider - but since I'm in training I declined the alcohol. There were also yummy looking chocolate muffins....I'm sure they aren't in the PEP (Positive eating Plan)....but everyone deserves treats sometimes. I didn't indulge in a muffin - but not because I was being virtuous - I not a big chocolate muffin fan.

During lunch there was a little elimination quiz and raffle with prizes and again was a good chance to spend time with the other semi finalists, the Scottish Slimmers staff & all the team including photographers, hair & make up stylists and some press.

Before leaving to head home everyone received a goodie bag - it contained:
a voucher for £20 of Scottish Slimmers products, £5 voucher for semi chem, £10 beauty therapy voucher for Glasgow nautical college, bio oil sample, Tan Tastic instant tan and application mitt, Lynx Instinct sample, Rimmel Glam eyes liquid liner and NYC Smooth Mineral foundation powder.

I was going to visit Primark in Glasgow but got soaked to the skin in the rain so headed straight for the train and home to a hot bath & dry clothes, but I had a brilliant day.

We should all hear if we made it to the final or not during the week commencing 6th September. I'd not like to be on the judging panel as any of the people I spoke to today would be a worthy winner - I think the judges have a tough job.
I would love to make it to the final, but what ever happens we are all winners already.

Thank You Before I sign off I'd just like to say Thank you again to everyone for a fantastic day. Thank you to Glasgow Nautical College, Scottish Slimmers and all their team - you all worked tirelessly to make everything run smoothly, the hair, make up and clothing stylists, the photographers and all the other semi finalists. It was the amazing people that made the day what it was and I'm very proud and grateful to have been part of it....given half a chance I'd do it all again!

Take Care everyone
lots of love
Fudgey
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment