Friday 26 February 2010

Thank Fudgey It's Friday

Hello Fudgey Friends,

I've not forgotten about you all or abandoned you - it's just been a funny old week.
The weather has been miserable to say the least and I've had one of those weeks where I feel I've just plodded along. Get Up, Go to Work, Workout / Run, Work, Come home, Eat, Clean Up, Make Lunches, Sleep ....& so it begins again.
Work has been really good this week. Only 2 of us in so it could have been a nightmare but we've had a pretty good week & mostly got away on time.
So you see nothing awful just the treadmill of life.

So what's been happening since I last blogged.

Last weekend I made fabulous chickpea burgers.
Chickpea Burgers
Serves 2
268 Calories & 8.5g fat per portion

1 x 400g can, chickpeas, drained
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 whole canned sweet red pepper, well drained
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon each ground cumin & coriander seed
pinch of chilli powder
1 level dessertspoon finely chopped coriander leaf
salt & pepper
1 egg white, beaten
1 dessertspoon corn oil
A little flour for coating


Mash the chickpeas in a bowl, or blend for a few seconds in an electric blender, without overblending as you still want some texture to the peas. In a bowl combine the chickpea puree with the onion, pepper, garlic, spices, coriander leaf, seasoning & egg white. Using your hands form into 4 patties firming well.
Heat the oil in a non stick frying pan, coat the burgers in a little flour & fry over a medium heat for 4 - 5 minutes each side or until the patties are golden. Serve immediately.

Fudgey Tips:
Make sure you do drain the chickpeas & pepper well as my mixture was pretty soggy! Also I put mine in the oven after simply browning on each side as I was making lamb burgers & potato wedges for hubby.

Photo Shoot


On Monday afternoon I headed off to Glasgow for my Scottish Slimmers photo shoot. I had my hair & make up done & had my photo taken in 3 of my dresses. I haven't actually seen any of the photos yet, but hubby took a quick snap on his phone. I love the result & think I scrub up quite well! Can't wait to see the photos from the day & will keep you updated if they are to be published anywhere.
Fabulous husband took me for a meal at La Vita before we headed back to Edinburgh.

Tuesday
Never slept well on Monday night. Woke up more tired than I had gone to bed.
Thought I better get some running in today since I'd not run since Friday. Not really in the mood but off I went...5km 29 mins 18 seconds later I was done but my leg was hurting again....own fault...naughty fudgey did not stretch.

Wednesday
Great sleep & Personal Training session at 8am - great way to start the day. Thought I had better stretch off before my session & the first thing Colin saw was my grimacing face....when I explained my leg was sore again he asked if I'd stretched so I had to confess No....yep fudgey's own fault.
Had yet another fantastic PT session. Colin knows me so well now & knows just how to get the best out of me and is helping me get ready for my half marathon now, for anyone who has never tried personal training I'd really strongly recommend it.

Today's session
10 minutes on the cardio wave machine
Olympic bar squats 4 sets of 15 reps
Cable crunches 15 reps superset with ab extensions with 25lb plate 15 reps - 3 sets
Tri set of a minute & a half on cross trainer, 20 side jumps & 10 sumo squats - 3 sets
Then the best bit stretching & Colin did some assisted stretches with me.......which were amazing & my leg is miraculously better.
So I need to show my lovely supportive husband how to help me stretch because it really really helps.

Thursday
Rest Day. Abs, Quads, Glutes & Hamstrings all feeling yesterdays exertions.
Yet more creations in the fudgey kitchen this evening....

Introducing....
Fudgey Pumpkin Seed & apricot crispy bars
75g porridge Oats
75g rice krispies
75g ready to eat semi dried apricots,chopped
30g pumpkin seeds
30g dessicated coconut
60g brown sugar
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
3tbsp honey
2 dessertspoons peanut butter
1 tbsp vanilla essence or extract
spray oil

Preheat oven to 180 or gas 4
mix together oats, krispies, apricots, pumpkin seeds, coconut & brown sugar
put oil, honey & peanut butter in a mug & microwave for 15 - 20 seconds on high (to make it easy to mix). Stir in vanilla
stir the liquid into the dry ingredients & mix thoroughly.
spray a square baking tin. Put mixture in tin and press down very firmly. I used a glass to do this.
Bake for 20 minutes
Remove and allow to cool in tin. Cut into 16 bars
store wrapped in foil or can be frozen.

Mr Fudgey, KMac, Mandy & Eileen all give these the thumbs up.


and finally it's Friday
Thought I better try and run today but distance would be dependent on how leg was feeling. I got up and for once fuelled up before heading out.... 2 extra wheatgerm crackers and small banana....I think this really helped.
10km 58mins 50 seconds ;-D
Lots of stretching.
Leg feels fab.

and also some weights....just for fun really!
superset swiss ball chest press 6kg weights 15 reps & 12 press ups (proper full men's ones!) 3 sets
3 sets bicep curls 5kg weights 12 reps
3 sets tricep extension with a 7kg weight 12 reps
3 sets bosu squats 15 reps
superset 15 ab extensions with 25lb plate & 30 oblique cycles 3 sets.

So now I feel I can sit back put my feet up and relax........on that note I'm away to find Mr Fudgey.

Hope you all have a great weekend

love
Fudgey xx

4 comments:

  1. Mmm, I had spicy chickpea, lentil and apricot soup today, it was lush!

    I'm thinking of making my own houmous, chickpeas and sunflower seeds make the best combination :-)

    You look lovely in your pic, looking forward to seeing the shoot photos :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that soup sounds lush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. not soup... houmous (or hummus, can never tell which!)

    wasn't very nice actually, need to have a re-think!

    xx

    P.S. I liked your EHM countdown so much I went to the site and got one for myself!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah it's a good idea - albeit a bit scary as the time ticks away & you realise how much training you still have to do LOL

    ReplyDelete