Sunday 2 January 2011

New Year New Challenges

Hello Fudgey Friends,


Happy New Year x
Hope 2011 is a great year for all of you.

As promised I'm back with news on what is in store for Little Running Wife aka Fudgey this year.

As many of you will already know I have signed up for The Edinburgh Marathon this year. This wasn't a snap decision it's something I've been considering since last years Edinburgh half marathon. I'm under no illusions that this will be the toughest challenge I've ever set myself and it's going to take a lot of hard work and determination. After raising money for charity last year I knew that if I took on the marathon challenge that I would again. I knew exactly which charity I wanted to run for and why, part of the reason is quite personal to me and my family & nearly 5 years on still very emotive, but this is what will make this years challenge so special and every training mile, every ache and pain, blisters, tears, laughter and all my events this year culminating in the marathon in May worthwhile as I will be raising funds for Bliss


I'll soon be setting up an online donation page and have some Fudgey fundraising ideas.

Like last year I'm going to run all my events for the one charity & Bliss have already provided me with a lovely running vest which will have it's first outing next weekend at The Great Winter Run

I also already have The Meadows Marathon (half marathon actually) & The Scottish Kilomathon lined up for 2011.

I've already got 5 rolls of foot tape and have ordered 2 new pairs of Saucony running shoes in preparation for this year's challenges.

So there you have it the first half of 2011 pretty much accounted for, I deliberately haven't planned anything beyond the Marathon as I've heard that a marathon is physically, emotionally & totally a huge commitment and stress on the body and mind - but it will be so worth it.

I can't wait :-)

I'll be keeping you updated on my progress and you only have week to wait till the first race report of 2o11.

Take Care all

lots of love

Fudgey

x x x


2 comments:

  1. Wow mate, an actual marathon! I salute you! Wishing you lots of luck lovely lady, I've no doubt you will rock it!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting news! Can't wait to hear about your training :-)

    ReplyDelete