Sunday 4 July 2010

Back in the zone

Hello Fudgey Friends,

Has everyone had a good weekend?

Mine has been fairly restful including a rather decadent afternoon nap yesterday. I think we have also come to the conclusion that is no good time to go for a food shop. We tried not going till 7.30pm last night & it was still busy & made even more annoying by the fact that our bus home was 10 minutes late.

Week 1 Run 3
After Thursday's session I felt pretty good other than a little tightness in my calves, but I still managed to complete my 3rd run of the week. It was planned as 36 minutes. 10 minutes easy & then 4 intervals of 1 minute hard, 3 minutes easy & then 10 minutes easy - but I was enjoying myself so much I ran for a total of 55 minutes.

Home workout
Sunday is usually my long run day but there was no run scheduled on the training plan this weekend. Today was a rest / cross train day - I did fancy a run but knew I would need to get it done early, but I knew I also needed a good sleep & the benefit of waking up without an alarm so I decided I'd just play it by ear. I woke up later than I'd hoped around 9.30 and it was chucking it down outside. My other option was to head to the gym but I realised that by the time I'd get up, get to gym, workout & get back I'd be looking at midday which was eating too much into the day as we were heading out at 2. But fear not fudgey found an admirable compromise - the home workout.

31 mins on wii fit (jogging 10 mins, step plus, rhythm boxing 6 mins, ski slalom, ski jump & more jogging 6 mins)

3 x super set of 15 bent over chest flyes with 4.5kg dumbbells & 12 press ups

3 x super set 12 bicep curl with 4.5kg dumbbells & 12 overhead tricep extension with a 4.5kg dumbbell

3 x super set single leg lunges 12 each side with 4.5kg dumbbells & single arm clean & press 12 each side with a 4.5kg dumbbell

3 x abs tri set of 15 ab extensions with a 4.5kg dumbbell, 30 oblique cycles & 12 double crunches

It was a really good workout and something that I hope to do again soon.

So Mrs Fudgey is definitely back in the zone. This week has been a very good week training wise.

Stats for Week 1
Distance run this week 18.34km / 11.4 miles
Time running 2 hours 08 minutes 16 seconds


Other News this week
A huge well done to the gorgeous JAG for completing her first half marathon on Saturday & raising over a £1000 for The Stroke Association - you can read all about it here

Big virtual hug to my Sis & my nieces - wee Rose has had a poorly tummy and I think they've all had an exhausting few days - sending loads of love.


Thank you to Mr Fudgey for my new Meerkat. Love you hubbly man x

We also enjoyed today a lovely meal at Mum & Dad Smith's house and had fun on the wii. Big round of applause for Dad Smith who managed 3 strikes in the hundred pin bowling :-)
I'll hopefully blog about the fabby food tomorrow - I just don't seem to have enough hours in the day at the moment.

Take Care Everyone
lots of love
Fudgey
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment