Monday 9 February 2015

Jantastic

Hello Fudgey Friends

It's taken me a little longer than I hoped since my last post to get a chance to post again.....the challenges of being a full time working mum & wife & of course fitting in running.

Just a short post tonight to give you an update on my January running.

At the end of last year I signed up to the run yourself new challenge on The Running Bug website, each week from the 5th January they set a mileage target and you could log your bugmiles and track your progress. There were also opportunities to win prizes every week.

The plan for January was simply to get some consistent running 3 or 4 times a week and build up a good base before starting official marathon training in February.....

I smashed it....4 weeks.....4 runs per week.....62.54 miles run :-)

There were good runs, bad runs & some just OK runs but over the month it was just Jantastic.

Highlights were my longest run of the month at 7.59 miles and a week with 3 x steady strong 5 miles.

Thank you to everyone who motivated and supported me.....and to hubby for occasionally bullying me out of the door. Thank you also for the new running kit for my birthday & Christmas - it is being put to good use.

February sees the start of my official Marathon training & I have signed up for a half marathon in 4 weeks - more on both of those in my next post. I have also signed up for the February run yourself new challenge which starts today & have a 15 mile target total for this week. I have also joined The Boys versus Girls challenge....so plenty to keep me motivated.

Lots of love to all of you

Fudgey
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment