Wednesday 11 February 2015

Official Marathon Training Week 1

Hello Fudgey friends

As you know I have signed up for the Edinburgh Marathon in May this year. This will be my 3rd marathon after Edinburgh and Dublin in 2011. 

My last big event was The first ever Edinburgh Rock and Roll half marathon in April 2012....finding out that I was pregnant the following day with Bug 😀

My running has been a bit hit and miss since she came into our lives, being a mum is the hardest but best job in the world. 

I had a place for both the kilomathon and Edinburgh marathon last year but due to illness I had to transfer my places to other people. I did manage the Edinburgh marathon festival 10k and last November the British heart foundation winter warmer 5k, but really wanted to try another marathon and had entered the ballot for London again for 2015 unfortunately unsuccessful again 😢
Not one to be defeated I immediately signed up for Edinburgh instead....the bonus of this being our amazing wee Bug can come and see me finish it. 

In my last post I told you about my great month of running in January.....

Official marathon training started on 1st February (16 weeks to marathon) with food, fizz and friends! Kirsty, Rob, Lorna, Mandy, Hubby, Chilli and Bug 🍸

 I went to the gym on Monday and Tuesday and first run was on Wednesday 4th - 3.17 miles and it was a slog. I never ran again till Sunday partly due to a busy week at work and a also couple of disturbed nights with the wee one. On Saturday afternoon when she was sleeping I also took the opportunity to get a couple of hours sleep too. The rest must have really helped as did the lack of running activity as I went out on Sunday and ran 10.07 miles. Absolutely bursting with emotion the first time in double figures since The Rock and Roll half marathon on 15th April 2012. 

I'm happy with week 1 of training as I needed a cut back week after increasing the mileage every week in January and a long run of 10 miles in week 1 for me is amazing. It wasn't fast or pretty but it was 10 steady miles and I have felt great since. 

On a less positive note my training plan isn't on paper yet and I need to get that sorted sooner rather than later, though the next 3 to 4 weeks are clear in my head.

I have also signed up for a half marathon on March 8th... Very excited

Hope to be back at the end of the week or start of next with a week 2 update... Watch this space

lots of love
Bug's Mum xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment